Dear Neighbor -
I was born and raised in Oakland's District 4, and I've focused my whole life and career on making Oakland better.
Elected as Oakland's District 4 Councilmember in 2010, I pledged to use my experience, creativity, and persistence to build a thriving economy, reduce crime, support our schools, and make government more responsive and responsible. I'm honored to represent the diverse neighborhoods of Oakland's District 4, which stretch from Montclair to Melrose, from Dimond to Redwood Heights.
You can always come share your concerns or have your questions answered by me and my staff at one of our five monthly Community Office Hours:
- Dimond: 1st Thursdays, 9-11am at Caffe Diem, 2224 MacArthur Blvd.
- Laurel: 1st Saturdays, 9-11am at World Ground Cafe, 3728 MacArthur Blvd.
- Woodminster: 3rd Saturdays, 10am-noon at Woodminster Cafe, 5020 Woodminster Lane
- Melrose: 4th Wednesdays, 3:30-5pm at Melrose Library, 4805 Foothill Blvd.
- Montclair: 4th Sundays, 9:30-11:30am at Montclair Farmers Market (or Colonial Donuts at 6126 La Salle Ave.)
Every two weeks I write a brief e-newsletter explaining my key votes, highlighting Council issues and listing District 4 Neighborhood happenings. Please click here to receive it.
Oakland has made me who I am. Now I want to make Oakland an even better place. I want all Oaklanders to feel safe, be proud of their thriving city, and have trust in the efficiency and effectiveness of their government. Help me realize this vision.
Libby Schaaf, Councilmember District 4